Sunday, July 13, 2008

The 4th of July

So, every year on the 4th, our ward has a breakfast at the park. They also have a parade after breakfast and all the kids decorate their bikes and ride around in the parade. We'll we had forgotten about the parade and the night before we were at the store and I realized that Rylee didn't have a bike. I knew that it would be the end of the world if we showed up at the breakfast with no bike. But being responsible parents, we didn't want to just get Rylee a bike, we wanted her to earn it. So my brilliant husband thought up a plan, a mighty good plan if you ask me. Alex bought the bike with his money, and Rylee was going to pay him back when she got home. When we got home, we got the piggy bank out and counted $35.00 in change, Alex then put it in a jar with a label asset. He then took a jar labeled, return that was empty. We got the paperwork out and Rylee at 4 years old signed for her first loan. Every day Alex and Rylee go to the jars and take out a dollar. Rylee gives Alex a dollar, and Alex gives Rylee 25 cents back for her return jar. Thank you Alex, this is why I married you!
The princess and her new bike.
All the kids decorated their bikes for the parade, Rylee made a sash and wrote her name on it.
Here she comes!
Rylee was all about catching rides with Jaxson.
Alex went all out on fireworks this year. He went for the big ones.....the snakes. Yeah, you know the ones that kind of look like a pile of p**.
I'm suprised Rylee lasted long enough for me to take a picture, she was horrified by the sparklers. She has to be the most cautious person I know...other than my husband and um, me! I wounder were she gets it from?He's getting serious now, watch out!
Alex and I.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Heidi! Yeah you have a blog! Aren't they so amazing? I love your pictures, looks like you guys are having a lot of fun up there! We miss Washington :(

Tenille

chelsea :: stock said...

wow, looks like you guys had a blast! you must have been hanging out with a fun group of people... ;)

I am glad you guys had a good trip! hopefully Riley had a good time with us, and wasn't too wound up from her long day at the lake!

Unknown said...

That's so funny that you saw him. Next time give me a heads up if you are going to stay there and my dad can hook you up with a discount.
The pregnancy is going good, I definatly enjoy being pregnant now than the frist 4 1/2 months! I'm so excited that you'll be here in September! We have an extra bed and some air mattresses if you'd like to stay with us. We'd love to show you around the town too!

Traci said...

Wow! I can't believe it took me this long to finally check out your blog. Cute pics of the 4th! I love holidays! It was fun to see Riley at the lake the other day with us. She's such a doll. She and Lucy had a great time playing in the sand together. Hope you had a good trip.

Unknown said...

Hey guys! So we need your address so we can send you a baby announcement! She hasn't come yet, but I'm getting everything ready while I still can.
Thanks
Tenille :)

zrd222 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.